A good reception system consists of numerous functions that facilitate the management and running of a facility. The advantages of using automation include up to 70% reduction in manual labor needs and a 20% increase in revenue in a short period.
Today, we are exploring one particular function that certainly plays a significant role in a hotel. This blog will delve into what it represents and how it works within the hotel reception program.
So, let us introduce the Banquet feature!
What is the Banquet feature?
Before diving into the function’s details, let us define the Banquet service. The Banquet service refers to a range of services intended for large events held at one location. Many hotels have conference rooms, wedding halls, birthday halls, seminar rooms, networking spaces, and many others.
How long does it take for a manager to prepare for such an event?
Well, definitely more than a day. Starting with food, drinks, technical equipment, decoration, serving staff, and all for good cooperation and quality service to the client.
For hotels, this can be a real nightmare if they do not have a clearly established management system within the reception program. This system enables receptionists to track all client requests and provide them with accurate information about the availability of rooms and equipment. Additionally, the hotel must be able to quickly respond to changes in client requests and provide them with alternative solutions if something does not go according to plan.
This is precisely what a good reception program contains – the Banquet feature, which represents the organization of events such as conferences, seminars, banquets, or weddings, within the hotel. This function is very important for hotels because it allows them to generate additional revenue and attract new guests.
How does the Banquet feature work?
The Banquet function represents one of the functions within the hotel reception system. When a client requests the organization of a Banquet function, the receptionist will offer available options for the room, food, drink, and technical equipment. The client can choose one of the offered options or request special requirements. The receptionist will then enter all client request information into the reception system to ensure that all details are accurately recorded.
The system includes all essential information:
• Guest details
• Event details
• Statistics and reports
Payment calculation functions also include advance payment, amount distribution, and automatic adjustment based on the final bill. Reservation changes are possible within the function, and clear reports and statistics are available.
What are the advantages of the Banquet feature?
The Banquet function is an important function within the reception system because it enables efficient organization and management of the event. It is very useful in tracking the overall event revenue as well as tracking event bills and expenses. This makes it easier for clients to pay bills and helps in planning future events.
- Better event organization: The Banquet function facilitates detailed planning and tracking of events.
- Revenue tracking: The Banquet function allows for tracking the total revenue from events, making it easier to plan future events and decide on the necessary resources to hold them.
- Easier communication with clients: The Banquet function facilitates communication with clients, including reviewing their requests and needs, and providing appropriate services to meet their needs.
- Reduces the possibility of errors: The Banquet function reduces the possibility of errors and incomplete documentation. This function facilitates tracking of invoicing and payments, which reduces the possibility of errors in financial reports.
- Improves service quality: The Banquet function improves service quality by ensuring that all aspects of the event are meticulously planned and organized. This helps create a positive experience for clients and their guests
Have you tried our Banquet feature?