Facebook is used by many hotels to advertise their business. In this tutorial, we will see how to integrate our system with the popular social network.
First of all, you must generate the HTML code.
Example of HTML code is this:
<iframe src=”https://engine.otasync.me/?1455059623” width=”100%” height=”100%” frameborder=”0″></iframe>
Note that this number behind “?” symbol needs to be changed to number of your property. Your number can be find here:
- Visit this link , then click “Add Static HTML to a Page” button.
If you manage more than one page, you can select the page of your interest from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve chosen the page, you must click on the “Add Static HTML: iframe tabs” button: you will be redirected to your Facebook page and you can see the new application.
- Click on the new application (on the star) and you will see a green button called “Edit tab →”: click it!
- Now paste the HTML code that you have generated on the WuBook site.
- Click “save & publish”, then “View tab on Facebook →”
It’s done: you can now see the Booking Engine widget/iframe.
…the last step
- Go back to the Facebook page.
- Now click on the arrow on the right, then click on the pencil in the top-right corner.
- Click on “Change settings”, change the name of the application and set a personal image (if you wish). Click “OK”.
Now it’s really finished!
UPDATE October 2020: After some of our clients with small hotels complained that they are getting this kind of error we investigated and found out that Facebook changed its API and is no longer allowing Pages with fewer than 2k Likes to install custom tabs.
If your Facebook Page currently has less than 2,000 followers, you may not be able to add our Booking Engine to your Facebook Page yet. You will see the following error during the install steps: